The Washington County Behavioral Health Board supports local workforce development in the area of behavioral health, including the fields of social work and counseling. The Behavioral Health Matters scholarship provides support to students who are pursuing an associate, baccalaureate, or master’s degree in the behavioral health field.
There will be up to three (3) individual awards in the amount of $2,500 each; a total amount of up to $7,500 will be awarded for each academic school year.
Applications for the Behavioral Health Matters scholarship will be available from April 1st through May 31st.
- Must be a resident of Washington County
- One letter of recommendation
- Must be pursuing an associate, baccalaureate, or master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Addiction
- Provide proof of enrollment
- One-page essay about educational and career goals
Preference will be given to applicants pursuing their educational goals at a local Washington County Educational Institution.
To apply, please submit the attached form and above application criteria to [email protected] by 5 p.m. on May 31, 2023. Award notifications will be made in June 2023.