Health Department Collaborations
Harm Reduction Program
The WCBHB and the Washington County Health Department have developed a harm reduction program to reduce the number of used needles in public places and assist SUD victims to treat disease and to enter treatment.
• Free Hepatitis C and HIV testing monthly
• Hepatitis A and B immunizations on request
• Sterile syringes exchanged for used ones
• Referrals to local recovery services
• Assistance with medical referrals
• Narcan training and availability
Washington County Health Department
342 Muskingum Dr., Marietta, OH 45750
The WCBHB and the Washington County Health Department have hired an epidemiologist to investigate past opiate, alcohol and suicide deaths in order to help guide future program, infrastructure, and personnel investments by the Washington County Behavioral Health Board with the goal of reducing such deaths in the future.